Bizer's list of Restaurants and Grocery Stores
Accessible by Boat on Lake Winnipesaukee
Updated 04 June 2014
So it's summertime and you're hungry. What's a family to do?
You could prepare food at home, but wouldn't it be more fun to go by boat?
Well, Sparky, this is your day. BIZER can tell you where
to go, and we'll give you a choice of two lists: First we have a list of
that are accessible by boat. However, if you prefer to buy groceries
for that picnic on the lake, then go to the bottom
of this page as we have a
list of places to buy groceries as well. All places on this page have
docking for customers' boats or they are located within walking distance of public
docks. Be advised that some docking (both private and public) may
be limited, especially on weekends in July and August.
Places to eat by boat
Listed Clockwise around the Lake
Starting in Wolfeboro
Restaurants accessible from Wolfeboro public docks (See map
below) (See grid C-15 on Bizer's map):
- Wolfeboro Pizza
- Wolfeboro American Bistro
- Garwoods (docking)
- Wolfeboro Dockside Grille
- Joe Green's
- Upper Deck
- Bayside Grill and Tavern (Customer Docking)
- Wolfetrap (Customer Docking)
- Wolfe's Tavern
- Bakery on Mill Street
- Deli on Mill Street
- Nolan's Brick Oven Bistro
- Downtown Grille Cafe
- Seven Suns Coffee & Tea
- An Ice Cream shop on Railroad Ave and one next to the Mount Washington's
Restaurants accessible in Alton (see map below) (grid I-19 on Bizer's
- Shibley's Restaurant
- Olde Bay Diner (Breakfast and lunch. Check out their table covers).
- Shibley's Take Out
- J.P. China (Chinese Food)
- Dockside Restaurant
- Sandy Point Restaurant; off map 0.1 miles southwest of light #23; limited
docking for customers.
Restaurants accessible in Gilford:
- Ames Farm Inn; 0.9 miles southwest of Diamond Island. (Grid H-12 on
Bizer's chart); Breakfast and
lunch; Usually open from mid-June through Labor Day; Some docking for customers.
- Lyon's Den (Formerly Townsend's Tavern) next to the Gilford public docks.
Restaurants accessible in Laconia (Grid K-5 on Bizer's map unless
- Donna Jean's Restaurant (formerly Bridgeway) at Weirs Bridge (Docking for customers).
- Naswa Resort; 0.3 miles south of the Route 3 bridge on the east side of
Paugus Bay; Opposite Channel Marine; Docking for customers (just below
- Liliuokalani's Ice Cream and Coffee Bar (yogurt & pastries, too), 0.6 miles south of the Route 3 bridge; 0.3
miles northeast of light #82. Docking for customers.
- Margate Hotel; about 600m (0.4 miles) southeast of lighted buoy #60 in Paugus Bay.
- Akwa Marina, 0.4 miles northwest of Weirs Beach, has a public restaurant.
Restaurants near the Weirs Public Docks; 0.5 miles southwest of light #1 (see
- Weirs the Beef
- Tower Hill Tavern
- Patio Garden @ Winnipesaukee Market
- Anthony's Pier
- Crazy Gringo
- Weirs Beach Lobster Pound
- Pier Restaurant (on the water)
- Food Pavilion
- Many walk-up walk-away fast food restaurants such as hot-dog stands, fried
Restaurants accessible from Meredith public docks (See map
below) (Grid J-01 on Bizer's map)
- Town Docks Restaurant
- Chase House
- Giuseppe's (Italian); in Mill Falls Marketplace
- Waterfall Cafe; in Mill Falls Marketplace
- Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream; Mill Falls Marketplace
- For Every Season
- Huck's Hoagies; Main Street
- Phu Jee - Chinese Food
- Sunshine & Pa's; Main Street
- Meredith Bay Bakery & Deli; Main Street
- Mame's; Plymouth Street
- George's; Plymouth Street
- Brother's Pizza at the traffic light
- Lago at Bay Point (w/ Customer Docking)
- LakeHouse Grille at Church Landing (w/ customer docking)
- Flurries; Ice cream & quick food; Route 25
- Lakeside Deli & Grille; 2 Pleasant Street
- Dunkin Donuts; Route 25
Restaurants accessible from Center Harbor public docks (See map
below) (grid F-00) on Bizer's map.
- Canoe (Formerly Harborside; Formerly Checkers Harbor)
- Mug by the Bay
- Ice Cream at the top of the hill - Reopened, 2010
- Lavina's (formerly Coe House)
- Red Hill Dari (take-out ice cream, burgers, etc)
- Center Harbor Diner (breakfast & Lunch)
Food accessible in Tuftonboro
- Pine Cone Cafe just east of Melvin Village.
From the Tuftonboro public docks, just west of Melvin Village,
it is a 0.7 mile (1.2 km) walk.
- Pier 19; Nineteen Mile Bay; Grid B-09 on Bizer's map;
1.0 miles (1.6 km) east of
light #11; Deli (in grocery store); take-out ice cream, hamburgers,
french-fries, etc (outside grocery store) (Customer docking)
- Cow Island. The "restaurant" on Cow Island is not
really a restaurant. It's more like a
catering service. It serves a fixed menu at fixed times to groups of
They're usually booked for the entire summer by mid May.
Bizer's list of Grocery
Stores, Markets, and Convenience Stores
On Lake Winnipesaukee
Rather than dine out, you've decided to eat at sea. Maybe you want the
full variety of a supermarket. Maybe you're boating along and you just
have a hankering for a Pepsi and some potato chips. Well, BIZER
has been all over this lake and we'll help you locate those groceries. Well, this list provides all types of groceries
from full service supermarkets to teeny-tiny convenience stores. If you
want a list of restaurants, go to the top of this
page. This list is clockwise around Lake Winnipesaukee, starting in
Tuftonboro. The map grid on Bizer's chart is also given. NOTE: On
weekends in the summer, there may be a wait for parking at public docks.
Grocery Stores in TUFTONBORO:
- Pier 19 Mini-mart with docking for boats; Nineteen
Mile Bay, Grid B-09 on Bizer's chart; 1.0 miles east of light #11. Bizer
has never had a problem with parking here. For speed, Bizer suggests
that you navigate on the northeast side of Chase's Island because there is a
NO-WAKE zone between Chase's Island and Farm Island. CAUTION: watch for
automobile traffic as you walk across route 109.
Grocery Stores in WOLFEBORO:
- Hunter's IGA Super Market; 60 South Main Street, 0.1 mile from town docks. Walk up
the hill and it's on your left.
Grocery/Convenience Stores in ALTON:
- Market on Route 11 at the corner, about 0.1 miles below the Alton public
docks (see map) (Grid I-19 on Bizer's chart)
- Convenience store located at King's Marina, Minge Cove (Grid H-15 on
Convenience Stores in GILFORD:
- Convenience store located at Ames Farm Inn on Route 11. (Grid H-12)
Grocery/Convenience Stores in Laconia:
- Convenience store located at Channel Marine; Grid K-05; in Weirs Channel;
0.5 miles south of the Route 3 Bridge.
- Convenience store located at Anchor Marine, right next to the
public docks; Grid K-05;0.7 mi southwest of light #01
- Market located near the Weirs Public Docks, at the northern end of the
- Convenience store located at Akwa Marina about 0.4 miles northwest of Weirs Beach.
Grocery/Convenience Stores in Meredith:
- Convenience Store located at the Mobil Gas Station just across the
street from the Meredith Public Docks; Grid J-01
- Hannafords SuperMarket located on Route 3 (6 minute walk from Meredith public docks)
- Convenience Store located at Y landing Marine; Powers Road; Grid G-3
Grocery Stores in Center Harbor (see map below):
- E. M. Heaths; Supermarket; Just a walk up the hill from the public docks; Grid
F-00; Full Groceries; Deli